While tax and unclaimed property are separate activities, they are managed by one department at Columbia Finance. Listed below are resources to assist you with a variety of questions about Columbia University tax matters, as well as procedures for claiming unclaimed supplier payments, payroll checks, and other monies.
Tax Forms and Information
Get started with tax forms, general tax information, and related offices around the University.
- Find Contacts for Tax-Related Questions
- Find Columbia's Tax Identification Number and Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Learn about the Tax Implications of Becoming a Seller
Payroll Tax Forms
- Access Your W-2 (MyColumbia)
- Access Federal, State, and Local Withholding Tax Forms
- Learn about 1099 Tax Withholding
- Learn about 1042 Tax Withholding for Nonresident Alien Individuals
Student Tax Matters
For students and payments to students, please refer to Student Financial Services with tax-related questions.
Access tax-related resources through the following websites:
- Learn about Tax and Related Information on Charitable Gifts
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Visit the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) Tax Information for Students and Scholars
- Visit the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- Visit the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA)
- Visit the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance
Learn about unclaimed property, how to submit claims at Columbia, and where to search for unclaimed property in New York and other states.
Submitting Claims to Columbia
- Submit a Claim
- Stale Dated Checks from Accounts Payable or Payroll
- Inquire about a Refund Check You Received
- Request Another Copy of a Notice