Open a Petty Cash Fund
Any department that wishes to establish a petty cash fund must demonstrate a true business need. To establish a petty cash fund, you must:
- Submit a request and documentation to the Controller's Office.
- Establish a petty cash vendor profile in ARC.
- Create a voucher in ARC for the new petty cash profile.
- Cash the check that establishes the petty cash fund.
Please refer to the Petty Cash Web-Based Training for instructions on completing the aforementioned steps.
Designate a Custodian
- Each approved petty cash fund has a custodian who is responsible for managing the fund.
- New petty cash custodians must take the required online Petty Cash Training and Custodian Knowledge Assessment before a fund will be set up.
Initiate the Creation of a Fund
- Follow all four steps outlined in the "Establishing a Petty Cash Fund" portion of the Petty Cash Web-Based Training. (Note: you must watch the full demo on page 13 in order to gain access to page 14).
Learn Steps for Establishing a Petty Cash Fund
For additional guidance on how to create or establish a petty cash fund –
- Please refer to the Petty Cash Web-Based Training and the job aids: Establishing a Petty Cash Vendor Profile in ARC and Submitting Vouchers in ARC for a New Petty Cash Fund for detailed instructions.
Establish a Petty Cash Vendor Profile
For guidance on creating a Petty Cash Vendor Profile in ARC, please refer to the job aid: Initiating a Vendor/Payee Profile Request.
Complete and submit the following forms to [email protected]: