Find Contacts for Medical Malpractice, Summons Letters, and Filming at Columbia

Learn who to contact to sign up for medical malpractice, if you have received summons letters, complaints, demands, etc, and who to contact if you would like to film on a Columbia University campus. 


Healthcare professionals must have a verifiable record of previous medical malpractice insurance to be credentialed at a new institution. Medical malpractice requests should not be addressed to Columbia University Risk Management in the Office of the Treasurer.  This information can be obtained from New York-Presbyterian Hospital:

New York-Presbyterian Hospital Legal Affairs and Risk Management
622 W 168 Street, PH 2W
New York, NY 10032
Fax 212-305-3686

Departments should not accept receipt of any summons and/or complaints, demand letters, or government agency action notice. Any person trying to serve these documents should immediately be directed to Columbia University's Office of General Counsel (OGC). OGC is the only department at Columbia University that is permitted to sign and receive these documents; however, if an employee is served, signs, and accepts receipt of one of these types of documents, the materials must immediately be forwarded to OGC:

Columbia University Office of General Counsel
412 Low Library
535 W 116 Street
New York, NY 10027
Fax 212-749-4404

If you are a third party interested in filming or photographing on property owned by Columbia University, including our Morningside campus, please contact:

Columbia University Event Management
Lerner Hall, Floor 7
2920 Broadway
New York, NY 10027
T. (212) 854-5800

If you are a Columbia University student interested in filming or photographing on property owned by the University, please discuss your needs with a professor or administrator at School of the Arts.

Still have questions?

Contact [email protected].