If you received a request for a quote online inquiry or email from the domain [email protected] (.com) or (.org) this is fraudulent. Any such requests or inquiries should be ignored.
Buying and paying for goods and services involves identifying appropriate suppliers and purchasing methods that meet the operating needs of Columbia schools, programs, and projects, as well as processing University payments for expenses and awards.
To order Staples office supplies, McKesson medical/surgical supplies, or Fisher Scientific research supplies, please use the following links:
Are you new to buying and paying at Columbia University? Start here to learn the basics.
- Procurement Processes and Key (AP) Terms
- University-Wide Purchasing Agreements (UwPA)
- Purchasing Training – Part 1 (instructor-led)
- Upload Documents for ARC Transactions (job aid)
- Purchasing Methods
- Concur Travel and Expense System
Learn About Purchasing Categories
Shopping for Goods and Services
The first step in shopping for the goods or services your department needs is to identify or create a supplier/vendor using Columbia's purchasing tools and procedures.
Placing an Order
How you place a Columbia University order depends on what you are buying, how much it costs, and when you need it.
- P-Card Setup and Modification
- Using the P-Card (Reconciling and Approving Transactions)
- P-Card Hard Close and Monthly Audit Process
- P-Card Hard Close Dates
- Using the Travel and Expense Corporate Card
- Using the Pay Card (Human Subjects)
- Create a Requisition
- Manage or Modify a Requisition (job aid)
- Status of a Purchasing Request (webform)
- Payment Methods for Goods and Services (procurement mechanism)
Information for Suppliers
Are you a Columbia University supplier or interested in becoming one? Use the following resources to help you do business with Columbia smoothly and efficiently.
- Supplier Gift Letter
- Supplier Types
- Becoming a Columbia Supplier
- Direct Deposit Sign Up
- Tax Forms
- Help for Suppliers / Vendors (ServiceNow form)
Public Bid Opportunities
Making a Payment Request
With a few simple steps, you can ensure proper recordkeeping and timely payments within your department.
- Track a Payment
- Pay a Sponsored Project
- Reimbursement Request for a Travel or Business Expense
- Rush Payment Request (ServiceNow)
- Stop Payment Request (ServiceNow)
- International Wire Transfer Payment Request
- Adjustment Vouchers (job aid)
- Journal Vouchers (job aid)
- Track Voucher Status or Submit Documentation (web form)
- Non-P.O. (Purchase Order) Vouchers
- Purchase Order (P.O.) Vouchers
- Foreign Payment Basics
- Foreign Payment Tax Considerations
- Visa Status and Authorization
- Allowable Payments by Visa Type