The Capital Planning group in the Office of the Treasurer is primarily responsible for the management of Columbia's debt portfolio, compliance with IRS regulations and debt covenants, and strategic financing of capital projects.
- Develops University debt strategy to help finance construction and renovation of capital projects
- Coordinates University borrowing activities, including both tax-exempt and taxable debt issuances
- Manages University’s relationships with credit rating agencies and public authority conduit issuers
- Ensures compliance with debt-related covenants and IRS requirements
- Manages the reimbursement of eligible project expenditures with tax-exempt bond proceeds
- Arranges payment of principal, interest, and debt-related fees
- Ensures adequate liquidity coverage to support the debt portfolio
Visit the Columbia University Facilities website for information on current and past construction projects.
The Electronic Municipal Market Access (EMMA) provides investors with free access to key information about municipal bonds and 529 college savings plans.
The Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) provides construction, financing, and allied services that serve the public good of New York State.
The New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) provides access to capital and tax incentives for organizations in The State of New Jersey.
Look up our team in the Finance Organizational Charts (in "Office of the Treasurer").