Funds Transfer Request Form

The Funds Transfer Request Form is used in two kinds of transactions described below.

Recover Payments Issued in Error

Although the University does not place stop payments on stale dated checks, the Unclaimed Property Office is able to reverse these payments and return the funds supporting the check to the originating department via Journal Entry. 

University Departments that transfer unclaimed funds to the Unclaimed Property Office are able to recover these monies if it is later discovered that the funds are not due to the payee.

In order to facilitate either of the transactions above, please complete the Funds Transfer Request Form and return it to our office using our webform. Please be sure to provide a valid chart string where the funds can be credited and a written explanation of why the funds are no longer due to the payee.