Close a Petty Cash Fund

Learn how to close a Petty Cash Fund at Columbia University.


The custodian of a Petty Cash Fund must close the fund immediately if the purpose for which the fund was established ends or changes significantly. Upon completion of the custodian's employment by the University, the fund must either be closed or a new custodian appointed.

Close an Existing Petty Cash Fund

Please refer to sections, "Petty Cash Lifecycle" and "Closing a Fund" in the Petty Cash Web-Based Training.

Learn Steps for Closing a Petty Cash Fund

For guidance on how to close petty cash fund –

Processing Cash Receipts 

For guidance on how to process cash and check deposit transactions in FFE, refer to the web-based training: Using the Cash Module.

Required Forms

Complete and submit the following forms:

Still have questions?

Visit our Service Center.