Quarterly Review Process of Pending GL Transactions
To ensure that open ARC internal transfer and general journal transactions that have been in pending status for an extended period of time are removed from the system in a timely manner (either through processing or cancellation), a quarterly review process is undertaken by the Controller's Office. This process helps to improve overall system functionality by reducing the number of abandoned, stale transactions that are included in system queries and batch processes.
This process is similar to the pending transaction clean-up requirements for Procurement transactions. Learn more ...
How does this process work?
On a quarterly basis, the Controller's Office reviews all GL transactions that have been in a pending status for more than 90 days. ARC users in schools and departments will need to review any transactions they have initiated but are still in a pending status that are more than 90 days old, and resolve any transaction they still want to complete. Transactions that are not resolved by the communicated deadlines will be closed and cancelled and no longer available for any actions by ARC users. An ARC user will need to re-initiate any transaction that still needs to be completed once the stale transaction has been closed or cancelled.
GL transactions that need to be reviewed:
• Internal transfer entries
• General journal entries
What do I need to do?
Departments should review their pending transactions. To help users identify pending transactions, they should use the following options in ARC:
- Navigate to your ARC Worklist
- Use the ARC Journal Approval Search page (i.e. Main Menu > Columbia Specific > General Ledger > Workflow > Journal Approval Search)
- Use the Find an Existing Value tab of the CU Journal Internal Transfers page in ARC (i.e. Main Menu > Columbia Specific > General Ledger > Internal Transfer Journal Entry)
- Use the Find an Existing Value tab of the Create/Update Journal Entries page in ARC (i.e. Main Menu > General Ledger > Journals > Journal Entry > Create/Update Journal Entries). Tip: When using the “Find an Existing Value” option, set the ‘Journal ID’ to “<” and input “0001149500”
Important: After the clean-up, transactions will no longer be available and will need to be re-initiated.